Tuesday, June 22, 2010

deep thinking

So i am sitting right next to my husband. I am blogging and he is doing a systematic theology paper. I have already taken three theology courses in my time at Bible College and have one more to take. I must say this before i continue to write, i am not a theologian. In fact i really struggled in those classes, it was hard for me to grasp all the theories and theologies of those that have come before me. The tests were always very painful for me, i never ever did well. That is partly my dyslexia and partly, i just didn't get it. Don't misunderstand me, i think theology is very important, especially correct theology. However, there are many things i cannot remember and could not tell you which theology is which. So it has got me thinking, what in the world are Adam and i doing to ourselves. We are both doing internships right now in a small church in Colorado and all these theologies don't really seem to have a place in our ministry right now. When you try to discuss them with the average lay person you end up sounding like a smart aleck. So where is their place? I guess personally they have helped me see God in a better light, to understand this great God just a little bit better. I will never grasp them all and will probably not use them in everyday jargon but if they have brought me even one step closer to my God, then how amazing. So my attitude has changed from one of dissatisfaction to one of understanding. I may not understand all the theologies that are out there, but i have a deeper understanding of God. For that i am thankful.

No comments: