Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chicago


I thought it is very fitting to start with a blog on Chicago, seen as this city has inspired me to write!
For those of you who don't know i am here as a student as Moody Bible Institute.
My first experience in the city... well lets just say it was an experience! I never in my life thought that little Amy from Zimbabwe, would first love in California and then Chicago, i am so unbelievably amazed at where God is taking me!
Anyway back to city life, lets just say i HATED it when i first got here, my very core screamed against being here. Why would i want to be surrounded by all this concrete and i get sung to sleep at night by sirens and cop cars....
i really struggled at first.
However about my second week here i went out on a walk, really praying God would give me a love for this place.... i adore nature, i feel so much closer to God in the mountains, on the beach, by a stream, smelling wild flowers....
but here in the city.... how do you see God
as i was walking i saw these few beautiful flowers springing out from a church, with the city behind it (that's where i took the main picture that is on my profile)
and i guess you could say it was love at first sight:)
something hit home, and all i could think of was the lion lying down with the lamb, i am the opposite of this place, but God has me here...
the rose with the thorns... and that flower with the city behind it has inspired me to see the beauty God has here in this place!
I have already found so many places i love to go and get away, and its still an adjustment, but over all the love relationship has started...
My God has never taken me anywhere He doesn't want me to be and its not different here, i just need to keep looking at the flower sometimes and not see the concrete:)

1 comment:

Adam Sea said...

comment comment comment. i love you